Bid Manager / Writer
Our client, a major construction company, is looking for a Bid Manager / Writer to work in a creative team with production leads, designers and copywriters.
Your role will be to produce standard and bespoke technical content, working in partnership with bid teams, to deliver proposals and bids that meet the required writing, sub-editing and proofing standards to effectively support the client in securing new work. This role requires someone who is organised and confident with strong negotiation and influencing skills, stakeholder management skills and experience working on large and complex documents.
You’ll need to have excellent creative and technical copywriting skills, strong sub editing and proofing experience and the ability to work independently and pitch in as a team player when necessary. Experience working in a corporate environment would also be very helpful.
• Identify/refresh pre-written content that is directly relevant to the bid/proposal
• Take technical information provided by the bid team and re-write/ edit into a consistent style and tone of language that directly supports the submission
• Ensure that content that is provided by different sources is aligned to the 'one voice' of the overall proposal
• Ensure that the key themes identified in the submission 'win' strategy and document architecture are appropriately referenced and supported throughout
• Maintaining the library of collateral directly relevant to all major bids
• Through an in-depth understanding of the client and its delivery capabilities, write excellent bid copy, ensuring all content supports the work-winning process and strategy
• Identify key themes and supporting messages to portray the client’s capabilities in the most positive light
• Ensure bid 'language' is clear, consistent and compelling
• Provide core content which aligns to the content provided by other bid contributors
• Deliver outstanding proposal writing skills - turn 'raw' information provided by a wide range of stakeholders and knowledge experts into well-articulated proposal content
• Appropriately chase key information contributors, and press them into action if required
• Put in place processes, practices and standards to drive out poor quality content
• Provide proofing capability focused on attention to detail, to ensure all bids adhere to the principles of plain English and are grammatically accurate and compelling
• Champion 'best practice' and 'continuous improvement' approach throughout the entire writing and approvals processes for generating bid technical content
• Provide an 'off-the-shelf' range of standard content that supports proposals and bids across all the Group's main delivery business activities
• Build productive relationships with key internal subject matter experts in the development of bid content and have the ability to critique and improve on their draft content, without creating negative feelings or feedback
• Put in place simple processes, practices and standards to drive out poor content, lift the overall quality and accuracy of standard bid information, and drive out duplication or inefficient activities
Circa £50 - £55k
East London / Kent