Our client, a charity based in central London, is looking for a user researcher for a 3 month contract.
The User Researcher will be responsible for designing and conducting user research, and identifying the best method based on research goals and resources.
The Researcher is responsible for all aspects of research (planning, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting) for both generative (participatory design) and evaluative (usability testing) research.
You will be using a variety of user testing methodologies to reveal actionable customer insights. You will also be comfortable working with data, from gathering and analysis through to design and presentation.
- planning, designing and conducting the usability testing process from developing user recruitment through to test moderation, analysis and reporting
- conducting research to gather insights for new product and concept developments (including user requirements gathering and early stage concept and prototype testing, guerrilla research, and other approaches to ensuring the user need is fully understood in the service design)
- modelling insights gained from user research into formats to enhance organisational understanding of our users – such as personas and user journey maps
- working with managers as required to devise appropriate research strategies to generate focused insights and to convert concepts into high quality stimulus material
- working closely with designers and developers to turn user data into actionable product/service requirements that feed into prototype development, and influence product direction
- applying knowledge in human factors and the user-centered design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment
- presenting findings and related design/business recommendations and customer insights to senior decision makers
- promoting user centered design principles and best practice across the organisation
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Good at influencing user needs to senior stakeholders, and acting as a persuasive advocate for those needs.
- Previous experience of managing, planning, designing
- Previous experience of developing and conducting usability testing sessions
Skills & Our Core Competencies:
- Determined and tenacious, persistent and focused on the end results.
- Collaborative and good at building relationships. Working with colleagues across all areas of the organisation and beyond to achieve one mission.
- An excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills, confident working with individuals at all levels.
- Good at influencing, driving impact and implementing change
- Pragmatic and adaptable with the ability to deal with ambiguity and effectively manage through conflict