Our client, a digital consultancy, is looking for a hands-on commercially minded Business Director to lead an embedded product team in a progressive mid-tier bank. This role is based in New Jersey.
As the Business Director, you will bring passion and deep business insight to the agency. You should have a track record of growing and developing strategic relationships with clients and helping them to create strategies that advance their business, be it through improved customer engagement, increased revenue, brand awareness or via innovation and creativity. Experience of delivering and managing complex digital products is necessary as well as vertical experience within financial services.
It’s important that you can balance being a trusted advisor to the client and their internal stakeholders, to a trusted colleague and active participant within a multi-disciplinary team. You will also be expected to forecast revenue on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis to ensure targets for accounts are achieved.
- Provide clients with strategic insight and consultation
- Work with clients to uncover business requirements, craft appropriate propositions and identify opportunities that will help them achieve their business objectives
- Understand the client’s business and generate new ideas using digital solutions
- Manage and develop strategic account plans
- Work with heads of department and client partners to develop new sales proposals
- Negotiate contract agreements with clients and their procurement departments
- Manage financial performance, ensure project profitability and carry out timely and accurate billing
Key skills required:
- Proven digital experience, either at an agency or consultancy
- Experience of managing large, complex digital product delivery
- P&L experience of accounts > $5M / year
- Natural leadership, decisiveness and excellent management and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple senior client stakeholders
- Demonstrate a high level of digital literacy, and understand how to utilise this
- Experience in writing compelling proposals/briefs that inspire clients and team members
- Excellent written and presentation skills: be persuasive in presenting ideas to clients
- Experience of working within a product development and agile environment
- Ability to learn and assimilate new ideas quickly and gain the respect of team members and clients
Location: New Jersey