Our client, a business solutions company, is looking for a Category Director to join their team.
This role will require travel between multiple sites, mainly based in Milton Keynes and Croydon, and is a 3 month interim with a potential move to perm in the future.
As the Category Director you will be responsible for developing and implementing a commercial proposition end-to-end, which meets the needs of target customers and delivers sales and profit growth.
- Responsible for the development of appropriate product ranges and services
- Work with key supplier partners to develop 1-3 year business plans
- Develop a category strategy that reflects the needs of defined target customers whilst maximising sales and optimising profitability
- Accountable for relevant product sourcing and supplier management
- Lead and manage the team to use data and analysis to develop insights on customer and supplier behaviours to identify market trends, channel strategies and distribution opportunities
- Establish effective working relationships with the marketing, sales and digital teams across the company to drive change and commercial advantage through collaboration
Key skills required:
- Experience leading commercial teams in a customer facing B2B and/or B2C environment
- Significant experience of strategic sourcing and supplier management
- Demonstrable experience and success in category management
- Strong leadership skills, including building teams, leading significant change, coaching and development
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills and ability to interpret and present complex technical information to others clearly
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
£900 per day plus expenses