Our client, a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe is looking for a Chief Editor to work in their Hong Kong office.
As the Chief Editor, you will join their linguist team which provides various linguist services such as translation, editing and proofreading to global capital market clients.
- Reviewing the team’s translation work and other forms of written content to check for errors and areas to refine the translated documents especially on high profile deals.
- Maintaining close communication with internal and external translators, referring to glossary and client directions to improve the content and making corrections to tone in the various Chinese languages or grammatical errors throughout a piece of content.
- Coaching new and senior staff through the content creation process.
- Helping the team as needed during crunch time to perform English to Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong) & Simplified Chinese (Mainland China) and vice versa, linguistic tasks including translation, editing, proofreading and quality assurance checks for Hong Kong IPO prospectuses and other related legal/financial documents.
- Validating compiled glossary according to industry standards and best practices.
- Providing on-the-job training to translators.
Key skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Translation/English/Linguistics.
- Experience as a translator and/or an editor with specialism in Hong Kong financial and legal documents required by stock exchanges and regulators such as IPO prospectuses, Annual Report, Circular, Announcement, mutual fund offering documents etc.
- Experience in translation of industries that includes Biotech, Finance, Technology and Pharmaceuticals will be preferred.
- This role will be focusing more on project and team management.
- Demonstrating a commitment to quality and great attention to detail.
- Ability to ensure that the team meets deadlines under pressure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Chinese and English, well-versed in written
- Traditional Chinese and proficiency in Mandarin will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and Acrobat.
- Working knowledge of Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) tools is a plus.
5-day working week (rotational Saturday work), shift duty (7:30-15:30; 15:30-23:30) and overtime work are required.
Salary range HKD 40k-45k per month
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
HKD 40,000 per month
to HKD 45,000 per month
Location: Hong Kong