Our client, a strategic digital consultancy, is looking for a freelance Content & Experience Strategist with an agency background for a contract role.
The agency work in the design and build space including experience design, technical build and delivery across digital touchpoints from desktop, tablet and mobile, to omnichannel experiences and physical digital.
The contract is an initial 3 months for the discovery phase of a platform rebuild that could extend for up to a year supporting Beta and MVP phases. You’ll help define and lead digital content requirements ensuring content is used to drive customer value across all touchpoints.
- Plan and facilitate content strategy workshops and help clients understand content gaps and requirements for new digital platforms based on user/stakeholder research
- Assess, catalogue, and analyse the performance of website content. Create content inventories, plus develop and refine information architectures
- Drive the vision, development and organisation of content that is useful, compelling and meaningful across our client’s owned media, commercial channels and indirectly through distributed content
- Help create user journey flows, information hierarchies and briefs in support of new website/app builds and ongoing UX/CRO initiatives
- Direct, edit and refine web content written by others
- Help create, edit and organise content within Content Management Systems
- Use analytics to measure and report on the impact of content strategies and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Ensure any content produced takes into account key SEO requirements such as keyword research and internal linking best practice
Key skills required
- Experience as a content strategist, content editor or content designer, preferably within an agency setting
- Proven track record defining strategies for new website or app builds
- Experience refining information architecture, user flows and sitemaps for new digital platforms
- Experience planning and managing content production and migration schedules for new websites
- An assured understanding of how to identify problems and measure the success of content using reporting tools such as Google Analytics
- Ability to create or hone web/digital touchpoint copy that also supports SEO best practice
- The ability to work collaboratively with writers, data analysts, designers, UXers and web developers
- Able to sell a proposition and present complex topics in an easy-to-understand way to business stakeholders