Our client, an independent charity, is looking for a Desktop Support Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis, based in London.
As the Desktop Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the creation, updating, removal of applications and software packages for workstations in SCCM.
- Maintain Windows Updates deployment process
- Create/update SCCM queries for reporting and deployment
- Build/maintain Windows 10 Image and deployment process
- Respond to and resolve incidents and service requests both remotely and face-to-face
- Design, create & deploy desktop and laptop builds
- Work on project rollouts and change requests when required
- Advise 1st line agents, undertake first time fix for agreed tasks and act as point of escalation for 1st line analysts
- Apply ITIL methodology to deliver best practice in all areas
Key skills required
- 3+ years’ experience using SCCM and PowerShell
- Strong understanding and experience of AppLocker
- Experience of ITIL/change management/ticketing systems/Kanban methodology
- Good technical knowledge of Microsoft products including: Windows 7/8/10, Windows 2008, Windows 2012, Active Directory and Office 365
- Confident and capable within a team environment and working on own initiative
- Effective communication skills working with both IT and non-IT colleagues
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.