A leading City law firm is looking for a Document Checker to join the evening shift working from 4.30pm-12am, Monday to Friday.
As the Document Checker, you will provide a high quality document checking, copy editing and proofreading service.
You will be the first point of all for all document checking therefore you will build solid relationships with the Document Centres both in London and overseas.
- Proofread documents accurately and effectively using all methods including hard copy, on screen or oral transcriptions
- Liaise with clients to book in work, take instructions, clarify queries and renegotiate deadlines as appropriate
- Liaise with other Document Services departments to manage departmental deadlines to keep workloads under active review
- Provide advice for clients if requested
- Organise day-to-day department workflow in rotation with others
Key skills required:
- Legal, financial or similar professional proofreading services experience
- Experience of effective workflow management
- Experience working on complex technical documents in client and deadline driven environment
- Eye for detail and computer literacy
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent client service skills
Location: City of London