Don't miss out on an excellent opportunity to join a global, market-leading customer communications organisation with multiple sites across the UK and Europe, as their new Head of Infrastructure Transformation.
The Head of Infrastructure Transformation is accountable for owning the Infrastructure Roadmap for all existing and new emerging Infrastructure technologies both on premise and public cloud.
Your day to day activity:
- Proactively review existing technologies and perform market reviews to ensure our technology vendors are cost-effective and fit for purpose and operating to industry best practice
- Working with the central sourcing team to provide technical guidance on all new Infrastructure related RFP’s, vendor negotiations and contractual agreements
- Proactively review emerging technologies and best practices and work with the Head of Infrastructure Delivery to introduce new Infrastructure services
- Accountable for ensuring all technical designs for new services are reviewed for fit for purpose, strategically aligned and compliant with the client’s internal and external obligations
- Accountable for partnering with the application architects ensuring all new services are fit for purpose, performant, and strategically aligned
- Partnering with the Infrastructure Operations Manager ensuring new services are aligned to the technology roadmap for all core Infrastructure ensuring services are fit for purpose, supported and maintained to current standards
- Build, document and transition new Infrastructure services into production, roadmap items, technology replacements and transformational objectives
- Maintain MI reporting in a timely manner and ensure all actions are concluded on time
The ideal candidate:
- Strong knowledge of Network design and implementation ideally to CCNP level
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server and supporting technologies (AD, DNS, DHCP etc) ideally to MCSE level
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems
- Experience in the automated delivery of Infrastructure systems
- Ability to positively lead people, directly and indirectly in the delivery of transformed systems and services
- Proven ability to lead projects through to completion, on time and to budget
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and adaptable to change
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.