Our client, a customer communications company is looking for an IT Project Manager to join them on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for the definition, governance, and control of medium-scale IT projects, using the agreed formal project management methodology.
- Create business readiness plan, taking into consideration IT deployment, data migration, capability deployment (training and engagement activities) and any business activities required to integrate new processes or jobs into the ‘business as usual’ environment.
- Manage actual and forecasted budget and track benefits realisation throughout the project
- Identify, quantify and manage risks to the success of the project, and report against these in a risk management and exception plan
- Coordinate the development of countermeasures and contingency plans
- Create appropriate project schedule and resource allocation plans using the agreed tool, Workfront
- Ensure that realistic project plans and status reports are prepared and maintained and provides regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as required
- Manage the change control procedure and ensure that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and quality metrics
- Identify ineffective technology or business processes that are called upon in the project lifecycle, and provide remediation recommendation to the Process or Functional Manager
Key skills required:
- Minimum of 5 years experience of working in a technology delivery environment
- Able to manage change effectively, articulates justification and impact of change and can develop a communication plan to build buy-in
- Able to negotiate agreements with clients or internal stakeholders
- Able to present technical information in a user-friendly format
- Builds strong relationships with team members, ensuring the team understand the goal and benefits of the work they are delivering
- Able to facilitate problem-solving sessions and manage to conclusion
- Full project budget management ability
- Prince 2 Practitioner/APM Practitioner
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.