Our client, a strategic digital consultancy, is looking for a freelance Lead Digital Strategist with an agency background for a contract role.
The agency work in the design and build space including experience design, technical build and delivery across digital touchpoints from desktop, tablet and mobile, to omnichannel experiences and physical digital.
The contract is an initial 3 months for the discovery phase of a platform rebuild that could extend for up to a year supporting Beta and MVP phases.
- Organise, manage and run project discovery processes including workshops, brief development and research commissioning where needed
- Develop agency briefs and business cases
- Apply data and research learnings to insight to strategy development. Work closely with web and data analysts to extract insights or where appropriate extract them yourself
- Undertake desk and market research and synthesise it into themes with actionable insights in a presentable format
- Help formulate strategies from the above for work that delights and delivers results
- Present research outputs internally and to clients
- Work closely with UX teams to help define and plan programs of experience activity, from qualitative research, user-testing and validation activity to new web and social media enhancements
- Guide experience design work to ensure its strategically, creatively and commercially effective against agency and client business objectives
- Conduct quantitative research
Key skills required
- A believable and authoritative, but empathetic stakeholder manager in client workshops and meetings
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Naturally interested in user experience & service design and perhaps with experience of working as a UX or around UX practitioners in the past
- Interested in sizing and quantifying the commercial opportunities, plus showing how good content can support effective user journeys
- Comfortable with delivering business/commercial objectives and calculating numbers
- Be comfortable with gathering insights from data
- Knowledgeable about digital strategy and be able to think about how digital touchpoints can work together alongside other channels to deliver business objectives
- Collaborative, with an ability to work effectively with clients, designers, UXs, account people and other strategists and planners
- Good at analysing and assessing digital experiences, presenting findings and recommendations
- Have an understanding of what is and isn’t technically possible to ensure strategies are feasible
- Able to conduct ‘desk’ research and commission qualitative and quantitative research, with an ability to immerse yourself in the world of the customer