Our client, a leading media and broadcasting company, is looking or a Legal Counsel to join their commissioning and studios legal team, based in London.
As the Legal Counsel, you will work hand in hand with the production and business affairs teams, whilst being supported by senior members of the legal team, and be involved in commercial negotiations and review commercial considerations.
- Draft and negotiate all agreements from the developments of a project through to production/co-production
- Review and advise on all underlying rights agreements/chain of title documentation
- Develop and output arrangements with third party production companies
- Provide general legal advisory work on all elements of law associated with TV production and in particular copyright advice
Key skills required
- Some legal experience in content commissioning and/or production in the television industry in a similar role, eg. at a producer or broadcaster, and licensing knowledge
- Some experience in scripted content, ideally including pertinent matters such as financing, tax credits and distribution
- Excellent negotiation, drafting and interpersonal skills
- Sound commercial and business acumen and judgement
- Proactive and good at taking the initiative where required
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with the ability to work well with tight deadlines
Please note due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
£67,529 plus car allowance