Our client, a leading global law firm in the City is looking for a Mailroom Assistant to within their mailroom and back office practice support team on the 10.30am to 6.30pm shift, Monday to Friday
As the Mailroom Assistant, you will provide the highest standard of document related customer service to a client base in excess of 2,500 staff, where you will work within a team who are responsible for the onward transfer of inbound scanned mail as well as management of all inbound/outbound standard mail and time sensitive items including UK and international courier services.
- Mail and Courier Management, including x-ray and sort incoming mail and courier items
- Liaise with preferred courier providers and have an understanding of their different services and the times at which they should be used to best meet client/business needs
- Process all outbound mail and courier requests
- Delivery and collection of mail to designated drop points across the floors
- Efficiently collect and deliver print/and document production work as required
- Take responsibility for investigating any items of delayed or missing internal mail/courier packages
- Make recommendations for improvements to the department and its services
Key skills needed:
- Experience of working within a busy mailroom environment
- Ability to work to deadlines with excellent organisational and time management skills
- Experience of working with third party courier suppliers
- Working knowledge of mailroom machinery/equipment i.e. franking machines, binding machines, track and trace and barcode technology
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to understand the importance of deadlines
This is a permanent role working Monday to Friday on the 10.30am to 6.30pm shift.
Please only apply is this shift is suitable for you and if you have the relevant experience, due to the high volume of applications, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
Location: City of London