Our client, a global customer communications company, is looking for a Midweight Designer to join their design team based in Leicester.
As the Midweight Designer, you will be working the evening shift (2pm-10pm) to support their New York-based design team.
- Proactively build exemplary relationships with clients on the phone and in person
- Work with the Senior Designer to develop creative output out of the studio
- Formulate design briefs working with the client to challenge and gain clarity about the requirement, market audience and time frame
- Negotiate and agree deadlines, prioritise and assign resources to meet business demand
- Keep clients informed in a timely fashion of the status of their work requests at an appropriate level and frequency
- Conceptualise and execute design briefs in a variety of formats, including designing routine pieces within existing templates, artworking of own design work, pre-press production, print production management/liaison with external print suppliers and presentation to clients
Key skills required
- Fully competent in Adobe Creative Suite, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office, and other relevant design software programs
- Highly knowledgeable in corporate branding and publication design
- Clear communicator working with clients and the onshore and offshore teams, able to translate company and business goals into marketing collateral
- Flexible and able to cope under pressure
- Excellent knowledge of the design process
- Team player and commitment to assist other staff