Our client, a business supplies and equipment company are looking for an Operations Director to join their business, based in West Midlands.
As the Operations Director, you will lead and manage the operations function within the group and provide strategic direction for the business and group operations functions in a collaborative capacity.
- Set clear objectives for the operations function and ensure there is clarity across the operations divisions on what those objectives are
- Ensure clearly defined health & safety processes and procedures are established and adopted by the whole ops team
- Establish measurable budgets for all elements of costs associated with operations – underpinned by tangible KPIs
- Establish clear procedures for inventory management for all end to end operational processes as well as setting a continuous improvement culture with the team
- Work collaboratively with the sales team to bring in new business and solutions
Key skills required:
- Minimum of 10 years supply chain management experience
- Previous leadership position in supply chain management and operations
- In depth understanding of warehouse and transport operations
- Frontline management experience
- Ability to manage complexity and set out clear strategies
- Results orientated, strong analytical skills and business modelling capability
- Strong negotiator
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Location: West Midlands