Our client, a leading global law firm in the City, is looking for a part-time Scanning Operator to work to within their busy mailroom and courier services team on a permanent basis working on the 16:00 to Midnight shift, Thursday & Friday.
As the Scanning Operator, you will be working as part of a team who are responsible for the scanning, indexing and profiling of all incoming mail and business documents.
- Creation and amendments of electronic matter bibles within the clients document management system and creation of DVDs/USBs, secure file transfer (FTP), handling of faxes within the London office
- Liaising with clients regarding their requests, updating on progress and managing deadlines
- Ensure all requests are completed to a high standard in a timely manner, following instructions and utilising all available facilities
- Using workflow management software to undertake client requests, booking work in and out, liaising with other departments and external suppliers as necessary
- Ensure relevant quality control measures are undertaken and that all work is checked accordingly before being signed off
- Do thorough handovers with oncoming operators on next shift, ensuring that all relevant information is available for them to perform their role as required
Essential technical skills needed:
- Strong operational knowledge of scanning devices and e-bibling techniques
- Commercial high speed & Flatbed scanners
- High Volume DVD burners, Fax machines and DVD labelling equipment
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Kofax, Genifax, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Outlook
Key skills required:
- Must have previous experience of working within a busy legal scanning /e-bibling environment, placing an emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Experience of prioritising workloads and managing short or conflicting deadlines
- Demonstrable knowledge of copyright legislation
- Strong customer focus
- Must be punctual, committed, flexible, and be keen to develop the service
This is a permanent role working 2 days per week – Thursday and Friday on the 4pm to Midnight shift. Please only apply is this shift is suitable for you and if you have the relevant experience, due to the high volume of applications, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
up to £27,000 pro rata + shift allowance
Location: City of London