Our client, a business solutions company, is looking for a Senior Category Manager to join their team based in Smethwick.
As the Senior Category Manager, you will oversee the paper category and be responsible for developing and defining the category strategies in-line with business objectives.
- Accountable for delivery of profit targets for the category within the company
- Responsible for the development of appropriate product ranges and services (including digital strategy) to deliver sector leading proposition
- Develop a category strategy that reflects the needs of defined target customers whilst maximising sales and optimising profitability
- Market the product portfolio effectively through all available resources to assist with the delivery of category objectives
- Accountable for relevant product sourcing and supplier management
- Data provision for all products within the category to ensure they have marketing text, attributes, multiple images etc.
Key skills required:
- Previous experience in managing product categories in a customer facing B2B and/or B2C environment
- Experience of sourcing and supplier management
- Demonstrable experience and success in category management, including category roles, strategies, planning and execution
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills and ability to interpret and present complex technical information to others clearly
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effectively builds working relationships at all levels and cross functionally with ease
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.